Sunday, October 20, 2013

A Girl's Weekend in the District


My husband's schedule flips flops constantly and every other month he works EVERY weekend. (Bummer, I know.) But this weekend I decided that I would make it count, it was so dismal and rainy the weeks before. And what better way to do that than support a great cause and enjoy Alexandria with my girlfriends? 


Supporting The Tiger Lily Foundation at the EmPOWER Ball. I want to urge all of my readers to look into this organization that supports women battling  breast cancer. Maimah Karmo's story is incredible. The event truly made an impact on me. My grandmother passed from cancer and I left the Hilton McLean saturday night tremendously moved and ready to volunteer my time. A big thank you to The DC Ladies for telling me about the EmPOWER ball.




And then of course, brunching on a Sunday in Old Town. French Toast Brioche... what can I say? Best anywhere. Followed by some strolling the colorful of streets and parks surrounding the area. 



What am I wearing?

Gown- BCBG Max Azria
Jeans- Jcrew 
Sweater- Jcrew 
Coat- London Fog
Shoes- Coach



No comments:

Post a Comment