Sunday, December 8, 2013

Randomness in the District... And the Beginning of Winter!

Hello everyone! Sorry I have been absent from my page for so long. I am not a professional wrtier but totally felt like one recently. Just because I had to wait until it felt "right" to sit down and write for Miss Madison in Heels. Truth is, I missed it!

So this post really has no theme because it can't have one. I have done a long list of activites this month. And of course I want to share the highlights with you all!

Volunteering. 

I first came to DC in 2009 as a Political Leadership Program Intern at The Washington Center.  I have been missing volunteering and decided I needed to make room for it again in my life. Just because I have a big girl job that is 60 hrs/week (UGH) doesn't mean I can't be that passionate young person anymore that looked at DC with widest eyes and biggest smile ever. So with the help of some friends I attended some great events that you should make a priority to attend yourself. 

Dr. Ray Solano's 6th Annual Food Drive and Fundraiser for Capital Area Food Bank 




Mali Creative's SOAR Retreat 




Thanksgiving Weekend with Fam.

So I am curious, what do all you DCers do when you have family come into town? For the Blankschen/Gonska/Weber families we hit the usual Smithsonians and monuments. This time I switched it up and took us to the Newseum and Busboys and Poets for lunch. But my little sister had never seen the Declaration of Indepence or the Constitution. So being the history nerd I am we had to Uber there so she could take in all that history. The line was huge, but as a thank you for my mothers service (she is a Cpt. in the Army) we got to go through the side door. Thanks Mom!



And what would life be without friends?

This is Michelle. One of my best friends from back home in CT. She is new to the DC area and is embracing so many opportunites/friends! I am definitely spoiled to have her around, she joins me in most of my adventures. 

The Tabard Inn, One of my favorite places to eat in DC

 

At ICE! At the National Harbor. $34 and really cool Christmas activity. A whole winter wonderland of ice sculptures. They give you coats and there is an ice slide! (Note: bring a scarf and gloves it is 9 degrees inside.)


And Keaghlan and Caitey. We visited a friend DJ at Midtown DC. The men (who were annoyed that we made them take a million photos) took so many pictures of us we just burst out laughing.




So there it is, my last three weeks! Until next time my faithful readers :)





No comments:

Post a Comment