Friday, May 30, 2014

Charlestonly

For all my followers who have been adventuring with me since the beginning, it is not secret that I love South Carolina. Charleston especially. Libby is moving back to Kansas in two weeks (sad face!) so we decided to start a ladies trip tradition. Once a year we run away to a spot we agree on and drink champagne, experience the local culture and indulge in all the area has to offer. So where else would we start but Charleston!

We departed late Friday evening arrived in the early morning hours. So it comes by no surprise that we woke up needing a good breakfast. And I just adore The Hominy Grill. Worth it, because while you wait for the best brunch ever, you can sip on mimosas and soak up that Charleston sun. (Hot weather is my thing.)



After brunch we walked off the grits and pumpkin bread and strolled the battery. After the Hominy just follow Rutledge until you hit the water. You are farther back so you don't have to search  for a spot but can saunter all the way past rainbow row. 


I do have family in Charleston. My grandmother's entire family is from there, dating way back to before the Revolutionary War. So I grew up hearing stories about our family history. Naturally I had to channel my inner southern belle.  (Target dress makes another appearance.)


In the evening we dined out at the Peninsula Grill. Breathtaking and a real treat.



We ended with a Sullivans Island day/ King St. evening.  Beach for the day and a Charleston food crawl by night.









No comments:

Post a Comment